Revenue Operations Analyst
Reporting to the International Revenue Manager you will play a key role in Slack’s Order-to-Cash process. The analyst will be part of the Revenue team that promotes consistent revenue recognition practices and ensures that Slack reports revenue in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices. The core responsibilities include ensuring orders are timely processed and working with customers on the collection of past due invoices.
You will help in the company’s effort to implement scalable Order-to-Cash processes and systems by providing timely feedback on how to improve the efficiency of the Order Management and collection function. The role will interact externally with customers and internally with the Sales team, Business Ops, Legal and the Systems team.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is process driven and highly detail oriented, yet cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better. Sound interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Ensure orders are processed timely in accordance with executed contracts
- Generate timely and accurate billing
- Ensure billing and related adjustments are supported by appropriate documentation, approval and are non-concessionary in nature
- Perform contract reviews and ensure that revenue and deferred revenue are accurately recorded
- Understand billing system limitations and help Sales and the customer structure billing that meets customer needs and adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Resolve billing issues and customers’ queries timely
- Assist with cash collection and work with delinquent customers to design payment plans
- Adequately reserve for Bad Debt and Billing adjustments
- Own AR and related balance sheet accounts and perform monthly reconciliations
- Participate in month and quarter-end accounting close process, including taking ownership of deferred revenue reconciliations, preparation of journal entries and analyzing related fluctuation analysis of the company’s balance sheet and income statement
- Generate timely and accurate monthly billing
- Process billing adjustments and review for appropriate approval and ensure adjustments are non-concessionary in nature
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or similar degree required
- A recognized accounting qualification, preferably with a Big 4 Accounting Firm
- At least 3 years of relevant post qualification accounting, finance, credit & collection or revenue recognition experience in an international technology company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel in working across various cross-functional teams
- Advanced Excel skills (vLookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience in Slack platform a plus
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Revenue Recognition working knowledge a plus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.