Senior Manager, Editorial and Social Communications
We’re looking for a senior editorial manager to join our global communications team at Slack. This person will play a significant role in helping us build a strategic communications function that takes full advantage of the company’s brand and growth opportunity. We’re looking for someone who can expand our expertise in storytelling and graduate our ability to archive, channel and amplify our stories to best connect with the influencers we seek to engage.
- Oversee and significantly evolve Slack’s newsroom, corporate blog, blog governance and overall corporate communications owned / earned channel & distribution strategy
- Work closely with members of the marketing, recruiting, analyst and and investor relations teams to ensure content is maximized; glue all cross functional efforts involving storytelling/editorial
- Curate from earned and owned media to amplify narratives that are aligned to company positioning and marcom campaigns; find creative ways to amplify these stories with a lens toward targeted influencer engagement
- Lead the creation & execution of a consistent news and content management process for global communications; including thought leadership, corporate, product, partner, customer and regional highlights
- Assess and roll out social amplification best practices for corporate communications content aligned to employer brand, governance and company positioning owned / earned content
- Serve as a master storyteller; help ensure storytelling aligned to Slack’s business objectives is core to the work we do in global communications
- Lead the global communications team’s measurement strategy, reporting; select and manage the tools we use to measure success
- Depth of experience creating and executing on editorial strategy, planning and execution
- Experience thinking differently and finding creative ways to engage influencers
- Familiarity with SEO
- Excellent communication skills - written, visual and verbal.
- A passion for storytelling
- A love of words, a sharp wit, a keen eye for arresting images
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.