Sales Business Operations - Business Planning, Senior Analyst
Slack is looking for a driven and analytical Senior Analyst with financial and operational experience to join our Sales BizOps, Business Planning team to help scale our growing global sales organization. Within this team, you will focus primarily on helping to build foundational business planning processes that accelerate the growth of the sales organization, an area where Slack continues to make foundational investments.
Expertise in complex financial modeling, crafting and delivering presentations to executives, and ability to thrive both autonomously and within a team are essential to succeed in this role. The right candidate will have strong experience building operational and forecasting processes, as well as experience analyzing large datasets, and formulating insights and recommendations. This role is highly cross-functional and will require a close partnership with Sales, Customer Success, Business Systems, and Corporate Finance.
As a member of the Business Operations team, you will help drive new initiatives and make a large, daily impact on our rapidly growing global business! Sound interesting? Come work with us!
- Support our Sales & Customer Success forecasting and planning processes by building data sets and top line financial models (ARR, ACV, Billings, Pipeline)
- Partner closely with recruiting and sales management to streamline the sales hiring and headcount tracking process, monitoring sales productivity and efficiency
- Identify business process inefficiencies and help craft and implement solutions
- Develop a strong business partnership with Corporate Finance and Sales management, act as a go-to person for strategic support and proactive recommendations
- Assist with ad hoc analyses and responsibilities, requests from Slack’s BOD and Executive team
- 3+ years of Consulting/Investment Banking experience at a top tier firm (or relevant BizOps/Finance experience at a high-growth technology company)
- BS in Finance, Economics, or related field
- Expertise in complex financial modeling, building and delivering presentations
- Positive “can do” attitude and enjoy tackling complex, ambiguous problems
- Experience driving projects from start to finish and leading cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive multiple projects at once
- Ability to work with, organize, validate, query, and manipulate large data sets within multiple reporting environments
- Customer service oriented and ability to partner with individuals at all levels
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- You use and love Slack
- SQL is a plus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.