Learning Consultant- Onboarding, Sales Enablement
Imagine providing the knowledge, coaching, tools and inspiration to forever change the career trajectory of hundreds of sales professionals at Slack and elevate the sales profession. Do you have passion for ensuring that people have the right skills to excel in their job and the support they need to reach their career potential?
We are seeking a smart, enthusiastic, and successful sales learning & development professional that has passion for helping others succeed and the desire to develop their own skills to create high-impact sales readiness solutions for our Global Sales & Customer Success Organization at Slack.
This person will evaluate the existing onboarding program for Sales and take it to the next level, speeding up new hire ramp process, while ensuring our new reps sell with our Slack values and culture in mind. The ideal candidate is energized not only by being a catalyst for learning, but by the real learning that happens on- the-job and how we strategically optimize around that moment to ensure success quickly. They embrace change and are comfortable navigating through ambiguity and chaos, prefer autonomy in determining how to execute on key objectives and the internal drive to succeed amidst daily challenges.
This role’s success will be measured by their ability to effectively increase the quality and quantity of deals from our new hires, enhance the skill-set of new sales reps to drive sales performance, decrease time to ramp.
Leveraging learning technology to measure and action on data will be an essential part of this job, so you will be responsible for partnering with the sales leaders, sales operations well as HR business partners to define strategy, drive execution, and communicate the business impact.
- Drive the Sales Enablement strategy for onboarding across all roles in Sales (Account Executive, Customer Success Manager, Sales Development, Success Services, and Solution Engineer)
- Identify onboarding requirements at 30, 60, 90, 180 & 365 days of a new hire’s journey, across all segments (Small Business, Enterprise, and Large Enterprise) and roles
- Design a world-class onboarding experience for Sales reps and gain buy-in from Sales Leadership team
- Determine right medium to deliver a world-class experience, at the right time (e.g., in-person workshops; virtual learning; videos; on-the-job support; management support; coaching tools)
- Partner and build meaningful relationships within and across Sales to design and implement world-class onboarding program
- Partner with internal subject matter experts ( Sales Operations, Product, Marketing, Sales Management & Reps) to execute against onboarding strategy
- Establish onboarding Enablement council to continue to stay locked with business needs, gather feedback, and continue to raise the bar
- Proactively program manage the full development life-cycle from inception to delivery
- Establish & create assessment and evaluation strategies to measure the efficacy and ROI of the onboarding program; partnering closely with Sales Operations & Leadership
- Measure & report on onboarding program impact & iterate as needed
- 3 plus years of relevant experience driving sales Enablement programs and developing sales either in a sales training role or sales leadership role.
- 5-7+ years sales experience (SMB & Enterprise preferred)
- Passion for developing others
- Highly proficient at building strong, lasting relationships with senior level sales managers
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute
- Experience using Slack
- Proven success at managing cross functional teams and partnering
- Exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to adapt content on the fly based on audience engagement
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and self-directed
- Ability to garner support for new ideas, motivate the masses, and execute on change initiatives
- Experience leveraging standard eLearning tools (Articulate, Captivate, Brainshark, Bridge, etc.), web-based meeting tools (Zoom, Bluejeans, WebEx, etc.), and Knowledge management tools (Guru) to create instructionally sound learning programs is desired
- Experience building Sales Enablement programs for sales professionals a plus
- Experience in behavioral science a plus
- MBA/MS/MA (emphasis on Instructional Design or Behavioral Science a plus)
- SAAS experience
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems a plus
- The Learning Consultant will report to the Global Head of Sales Enablement
- Ability to travel ~25%
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.