Slack is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to supporting our Head of Marketing. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to organizing others? Do you thrive on managing multiple demands in a fast-paced environment? Are you lovely to work with? Then don’t stop reading! Come work at Slack! We’re nice too.
- Provide strategic administrative and project management support for Slack’s Head of Global Marketing
- Extensive calendar management for internal and external meetings
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications on behalf of the executive, as appropriate.
- Prepare international travel arrangements and itineraries, and meticulously file expenses.
- Plan and execute team events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions.
- Communicate company objectives, tasks, and decisions to the team on behalf of the Head of Global Marketing
- Provide long-term planning support and scheduling activities including partnering with senior level management on marketing objectives
- Must be extremely adaptable to the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing technology company
- Ability to work flexibly regarding responsibilities and responsiveness
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a sense of integrity and teamwork at all times
- 4+ years of recent, full-time administrative support, reporting to one or more executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of managing the calendar, expenses, and travel of one or more executives
- Experience working with executives in a rapidly growing environment preferably in technology, media, internet or related companies
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, mainly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Flexible - in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a positive “can-do” spirit
- Natural ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Quick learner - have a “knack” for tech – able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Independent - you will be able to work under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions
- Self-starter - knows when to trust instincts and when to ask for help
- Problem solver - you will be able to actively find a creative solution efficiently and proactively
- Trustworthy - must have impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- Experience supporting a CMO or marketing team
- Previous startup experience, preferably in a rapid, fast-growing environment
- Previous experience using Slack
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.