Workplace Manager, Global Headquarters
Slack’s mission statement: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Therefore we operate with the highest level of professionalism and kindness to ensure that we are amplifying these beliefs when conducting business and building relationships to carry out this culture. Our team motto is “nothing is someone else’s problem”.
As a Workplace Manager for our Global HQ in San Francisco, you will lead a team to ensure that everything at Slack's physical office location is running optimally and that our space is a happy reflection of our open and creative culture. You should for sure be detail-oriented, proactive, strategic and have excellent communication and organizational skills. As Slack continues to grow its team globally, you will be able to anticipate our needs, and plan accordingly. You will be the primary point of contact for the physical operations of our local offices, and will report directly to the Director of Global Workplace.
- Manage the workplace needs of our regional local offices and help build a world class and supportive workplace.
- Lead a scaling regional workplace team to provide for an effective, efficient, and humane work space for the Slack's team.
- Plan and take ownership of any future office expansions including property visits, lease negotiations, contractor management, furniture procurement, as well as coordination of all employees and vendors.
- Strategically coordinate and incorporate IT and Communications needs into project plans.
- Manage the relationships with the building’s landlords, maintenance staff, and IT personnel to ensure services run seamlessly.
- Design and execute project plans, creating timelines, scheduling, communicating, and coordinating steps to vendors.
- Identify and communicate any workplace maintenance and improvements issues, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, utilities, and HVAC.
- Develop proper safety policies and programs for the office.
- Ensure security systems and policies are up to par and communicate workplace safety to employees.
- Be a collaborative and supportive member of the larger workplace organization.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a rapid expansion environment.
- Able to assess financial costs and propose budgets appropriately, while adhering to planned budgets.
- Broad understanding of various workplace maintenance functions and able to communicate building issues of various types.
- Experience with IT and Communications platforms.
- Knowledge of safety standards for the region.
- Experience negotiating commercial office leases and managing various vendors.
- Strong project management experience, including developing a Long Range Facility plans, planning commercial Interiors, managing construction bids & the bid process and budgeting for capital expenditures.
- Customer Service focused: professional, gritty, helpful, courteous, and a good listener.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail/Gcal, Google Docs and of course, Slack.
- Some travel may be required to our San Francisco, Vancouver or Dublin offices.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.