Senior Product Manager, App Marketplace
Slack is seeking an experienced senior product leader to lead our discovery efforts, driving product roadmap on full end-to-end experience from discovery to usage of apps. Do you get passionate about working on Platforms and want to help users find apps that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? Do you love diving into details with your team and helping them succeed? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into real plans?
Great. Come work at Slack!
- Define features. Write specs and user stories, build wireframes, prototypes, test plans, release checklists. Communicate functionality and incorporate feedback. Rinse and repeat.
- Prioritize your work and your team’s work. Manage the backlog of features.
- Manage the daily workflow with a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
- Craft and maintain your team’s roadmap and milestones. Work with your team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority things you can be.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, marketing, business development, developer relations, and other cross-functional teams
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, and marketing leadership.
- Ensure we ship well-crafted product at a timely pace.
- Get back to work. ;-)
- Product management experience on a platform, marketplace, or other commerce product is preferred.
- Product management experience managing experience funnels -- moving users seamlessly from discovery through usage.
- Experience working with third-parties on technology and product-based partnerships.
- Proven history of shipping and managing products with cross-functional teams.
- Data driven and strong user experience chops
- Experience building out new product development teams (either as a direct manager or through informal leadership) and driving them toward a big vision as well as consistent execution.
- BA/BS/MBA etc. are optional but good.
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful products.
- Previous startup experience.
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones.
- Natural talent for mediating opposing interests and finding creative solutions
- Great track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.