Developer Marketing Manager
Slack is searching for a skilled Developer Marketing Manager to grow and nurture our robust ecosystem of developers. This Manager will be a key player on our Platform Marketing team. You will build scalable programs that extend Slack’s competitive moat by acquiring new developers, and help those developers successfully build Slack integrations that make our customers’ lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
- Drive go-to-market strategy and launch for new developer-facing products; partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Product, Design, Devrel, and Partnerships to bring products to market and drive acquisition beyond launch day
- Partner closely with our developer relations team in community-building initiatives for Slack’s various developer segments
- Automate and scale out successful a dev acquisition program; including: Slack Platform Blog, syndicated content, developer newsletters (internal and external), webinar program, video tutorials and more
- Uncover and experiment with new developer acquisition channels; measure the impact on our developer funnel and make adjustments based on learnings
- Partner with the broader PMM team to produce top-tier developer events and imbue the platform narrative in customer events
- 4-6 years of related marketing experience, executing programs quickly on a high-impact and scrappy team
- Deep knowledge of developers as a market segment; familiarity with APIs/code a big bonus
- Experience growing a technical audience through integrated marketing programs
- Exceptional communication skills
- Data-oriented, strategic, with demonstrated business acumen
- Experience building developer community and working with marketplaces is a plus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.