Business Operations & Strategy, Manager - Marketing
Slack is looking for a Manager with strategic and operational experience to join our Business Operations Marketing team. We are passionate about using both data and qualitative insights to provide recommendations on go-to-market strategies and operations.
As a member of the Business Operations team, you will help drive new initiatives and make a large, daily impact on our rapidly growing global business! In this highly visible role, you will also gain a deep understanding of Slack’s marketing operations and business. We’re still an extremely lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. Sound interesting? Come work with us! We're nice.
- Provide strategic support for Marketing priorities through stakeholder partnership and proactive recommendations
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our business and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify growth opportunities
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (Finance, Analytics, Marketing, Product, Sales) to advance key business priorities
- Define and analyze key business performance metrics
- 5+ years of experience in a credible management consulting, investment banking or a strategy-related role at a fast-growing technology company
- BA/BS degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics, computer science or related discipline
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into useful datasets and analyses with actionable insights
- Ability to work with, organize, validate, query, and manipulate large data sets within multiple reporting environments
- Experience driving projects from start to finish and leading cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing environment
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience working closely with senior executives to tackle challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- You use Slack and like emojis
- Proficiency in Salesforce and SQL is a strong plus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.