Slack is looking for an expert Market Researcher to join our collaborative Research team based in the San Francisco office. We strive to improve value throughout the entire customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures.
What you will be doing:
You will work across all business areas of Slack to better understand our customers and potential customers. Our mission is to make work life simpler, more pleasant and more productive, and your role will be instrumental in helping us achieve this by measuring how well we’re doing.
aYou will be working closely with marketing, sales and product, helping to understand how we’re doing by building out sentiment programs, helping us understand how to drive value, and helping us understand how we can tell Slack's story.
What you should have:
This role will answer a diverse set of questions from business teams across all of Slack, so you have expertise in both quantitative and qualitative methods. You have experience working with diverse datasets—large and small, structured and unstructured, behavioral and self-reported. You also have experience with impact-focused quantitative and qualitative research. You love data, not only collecting data and understanding internal data tables and infrastructure, but also analyzing and combining diverse data sets. You will be responsible both for conducting your own primary research with a heavy focus on surveys, interviews and focus groups, as well as managing vendors. You're driven by results and have superb computational and analytical skills.
Your interpersonal skills are exceptional and you’re passionate about setting new standards. You understand the value of storytelling and know how to partner closely with stakeholders to achieve results.
- 3+* years of industry experience
- Experience with quantitative data collection—especially surveys, and analysis
- Experience with statistical analyses software like R, Stata, or SPSS as well as some proficiency in SQL
- Experience with qualitative methods such as interviews and focus groups
- Experience leading projects involving cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to get your hands dirty
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. However, what’s more important to us than a number is the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed—regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 20+ years of experience? Awesome, please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.