Developer Content Writer
We're looking for a Developer Content Writer to help our Developer Relations team produce great documentation about our growing platform. You will work with our product, design, and engineering teams to make api.slack.com a world-class learning experience.
- Author technical documentation on new platform features
- Compose tutorials and sample code using frameworks like Botkit and Slack's Python SDK
- Provide feedback on API feature design and developer usability
- Regularly edit and revise a growing base of long-form and short-form documentation
- Explore new ways to communicate & organize information-dense documentation
- Review, index, and highlight the best content created by our vibrant community
- Practice other disciplines as part of a cross-functional developer relations team
- 2+ years experience writing documentation for developer-focused software
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- History writing content for and working with web-based developer APIs
- Familiarity with API specification formats like OpenAPI
- Experience developing against the Slack platform
- Illustration and presentation skills
- Creative writing background
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.