Associate Workplace Manager
As our Associate Workplace Manager at Slack you will be reporting to and or being advised by the Workplace Manager. You will be managing an office of less than 100 team members, or assisting managing with a Workplace manager for larger HC locations. Working to coordinate all Workplace managed operations at a optimum and organized execution standard of excellence, while ensuring that operations are reflective of our happy, creative company culture. You will need to be proactive and detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills necessary for building successful vendor and customer relationships. You will oversee day-to-day operations, as well as assist in long term and forecasting projects.
- Main point of contact for the physical day-to-day operations and manage a team that maintains strict standards of service and support for all spaces helping build a world class and supportive workplace.
- Responsible as needed for the overall operational expense budgeting, spend, and accounting process for your office in order to ensure the product and efficient use of Slack's resources in support of office operations.
- Proactively strategize for companies growth and scalability and communicate needs and solutions to accommodate successfully.
- Strategically partner with IT and Communications needs into office project plans.
- Manage the relationships with the building’s landlords, maintenance staff, and IT personnel and all other on site facilities vendors to ensure services run seamlessly.
- Design and execute project plans, creating timelines, scheduling, communicating, and coordinating steps to vendors with expectations and direction.
- Identify and communicate any workplace maintenance and improvements issues, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, utilities, and HVAC and storage, and providing a quick resolution to correct/resolve any issues.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with vendors to ensure safety and security systems and policies are up to standards and communicate workplace safety to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum experience of 2 years as being an Office Coordinator or Office Manager
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel and familiarity with Slack as a product
- Experience in budgeting and accounting
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience managing processes
- Experience with IT and Communications platforms
- Experience in a high growth environment
- Ability to work independently and come up with creative solutions
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Ability to reside and work in Japan
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.