Director of Product, Slack Platform
Slack is seeking a product leader to help us build and grow Slack Platform. You'll bring depth of functional (product management) and subject matter experience, as well as a consistent track record of success in organizations of varying sizes, because we’re growing fast! You'll be leading a group of talented people to make sure we hit our goals and deliver results to our always growing customer base.
Slack Platform’s mission is to make interactions between people and software delightful. Slack Platform makes it easier for people to integrate the software they have today, streamline internal workflows, discover and integrate new software solutions. We are building the largest wall-to-wall platform for business software discovery and distribution.
- You will be responsible for driving overall product roadmap and execution for Slack Platform in concert with cross-functional peers and our General Manager.
- You'll balance the needs of developers and end users, providing infrastructure and components that help software providers scale and users get work done expertly and with delight.
- You’ll represent both constituents company-wide while also representing Slack to customers and partners.
- You will lead and guide the development of a team of amazing product managers, and help them do their best work.
- You will drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making tradeoffs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- You will help craft Slack’s product development process while we grow, as part of the product leadership team.
- 10+ years of product management experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of success building and running product teams is desired
- Enterprise software experience and experience leading two-sided platforms strongly preferred
- Highly technical: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- Experience handling products for business customers, and leading teams of product managers doing so
- You have a passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Phenomenal experience building and leading product teams: people want to work on your team again and again.
- You are creative in strategy and execution tactics, and discomfort with the status quo
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.