We’re looking for a Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s strategic platform partners. You will work directly with their teams as they build apps on our platform, from defining integration use cases to how it interacts with our APIs. You will advocate for our developer ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with platform product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and define new features.
Partner engineering requires people with technical backgrounds who can also communicate and empathize with developers that are building on the Slack Platform. This role would appeal to someone who loves coding and is passionate about connecting with developers. You enjoy helping people solve problems, writing code samples, and speaking at events.
- Work with our largest partners on crafting the best possible experiences for joint users
- Be an expert on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Collaborate with Slack product, engineering, and other colleagues to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem
- Support partners at scale by creating code samples, documentation, and tools
- 3+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, or developer advocacy experience
- Solid understanding of how HTTP works and what a good API looks like
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problem we are solving
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.