Website Design Group Manager
We are hiring an experienced manager to help build and lead the design team responsible for slack.com and our growing list of web properties. The ideal candidate is someone with significant experience designing for the browser and mobile web, and guiding teams to pixel perfect execution. In this role you will work with cross functional partners in marketing and engineering, serving as a design leader on program strategy. You will also ensure consistent and high-quality creative contributions, while enabling the growth and development of your team.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you’ll do:
- Guide the development of UX/UI guidelines, design systems and other tools to support the growth of Slack’s website properties.
- Evangelize best practices for the web and mobile ensuring a high bar of quality and consistency in user experience to designers and the cross functional team.
- Work with Marketing, Engineering and other cross functional partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and strategy.
- Meet regularly with designers to give and gather feedback on project progress, career development, work satisfaction and happiness.
- Help to define and drive design hiring goals, including sourcing, screening and interviewing.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute to projects when necessary.
- Work with Design Operations to ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is balanced for a designer’s ability, desire, and time.
- Lead agency and other external creative partners to successful execution on a variety of creative initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience leading web design teams and developing the skills and careers of designers.
- A demonstrable foundation in typography, interaction design, visual design, and ideation with a proven track record of shipping well-crafted design solutions for the browser and mobile web.
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading design critiques, design sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises.
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
- Experience partnering with marketing and engineering managers to develop the strategy for marketing program initiatives and website features.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.