Product Marketing Manager, Core Product
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive – and our users are at the heart of everything we do and build at Slack. We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help us convey the value of Slack and our products in ways that deeply resonate with our users. In this role, you’ll work on a variety of initiatives to educate our users and engage our customers about our products and features. This role will live on our Core Product Marketing team and be highly cross-functional, requiring partnership with fellow marketers and colleagues in product, engineering, sales, growth, and more.
- Define go-to-market strategies and launch new core product features. This includes positioning, messaging and communication, competitive analysis, and cross-functional prioritization.
- Plan and execute ongoing activities to sustain awareness and drive adoption of key features post-launch. This includes running nurture and educational campaigns targeted to specific audience segments.
- Partner with our Customer Marketing and Social Media teams to develop and run customer engagement campaigns about our features across a number of channels.
- Build and manage an evolving suite of resources for current and prospective users, including best practice guides, webinars, landing pages, media assets, and more.
- 3+ years of related product marketing experience, preferably in B2B software
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (writing sample will be requested)
- Creative with a demonstrated ability to solve (or approach) complex problems in a unique or innovative way
- Experience planning, managing, and executing multiple marketing projects simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with data analysis and/or working with analysts to measure marketing impact
- Previous experience using Slack is a plus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.