Senior Product Manager, Onboarding
Slack is seeking a senior product manager to lead product efforts across onboarding and new user experience, as part of our Lifecycle team. This product manager will be responsible for building and improving the early experience for new teams on Slack so they are successful, productive, and happy. You will need to meld creative product thinking, an appetite for calculated bets, a thirst for learning, and thoughtful use of data in order to build an extraordinary experience for our customers.
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap for registration, onboarding, login and everything else in the new user experience for Slack.
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data.
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
You should exhibit most of these qualities:
- Depth of experience leading major product or growth initiatives across multiple consumer or direct-to-customer business products. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know every step of the funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Ability to think big and small to build a portfolio of experiments and larger features. You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow and know when to do which.
- Product taste and craftsmanship. You will own the first product interaction for every Slack customer, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.