Group Video Producer
Slack is looking to hire a Group Video Producer to join our rapidly growing marketing organization. We believe strongly in the power of storytelling, and you’ll help us take our efforts to new levels. You’ll partner with teams across marketing to produce video stories about our customers, platform developers, and partners. The Group Video Producer will create videos that explain how Slack works, and devise original ways for videos to enhance events and product launches. You’ll also collaborate with Slack’s internal comms team to produce videos for company meetings and announcements. If you’ve got a passion for video that inspires and informs and a high bar for craft, please send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
- Help build the foundations for Slack’s first in-house video team, informing necessary equipment, software and processes to produce high-quality videos across a range of needs
- Lead the end to end production process for customer story videos, production launch and education videos, events videos, and internal comms videos.
- Create high-quality videos that powerfully reflect the Slack brand, voice and tone and that exhibit craft in all aspect of execution.
- Partner with customer acquisition, product marketing, and the events teams to powerfully incorporate video content into their marketing strategies.
- Be the point of contact for video contractors and freelancers, overseeing the work and deliverables as needed.
- Background working as an in-house video producer in a fast-moving tech or media environment.
- Experience with creating a broad range of video types for use in places like social, web, events, and advertising.
- An understanding of how to light, direct and film interviews.
- Skilled in concept creation and storyboarding and with After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop.
- Expertise in cinematography, video editing, and post-production.
- A passion for great storytelling and craftsmanship.
- Excellent communication skills and a drive to collaborate with others.
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.