Account Executive, Mid Market
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Sales team and focus on our Mid Market customers. This segment represents a huge opportunity for Slack and we want someone who is eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
You will be responsible for driving the sales process with prospective customers as well as the expansion of existing accounts. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted guide for using Slack most effectively. You’ll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback. If you enjoy working with customers from a variety of industries in a rapidly changing environment, then come and join us! We’re nice.
- Educate customers on the value of Slack in a thoughtful way
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and usage patterns
- Manage multiple customers simultaneously at various stages of the Slack buying cycle
- Handle inbound customer communication and organize/escalate issues appropriately including billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Drive revenue through proactive outreach to existing customers
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- 3+ years of sales or relevant account management experience, preferably in SaaS
- You are competitive and driven to achieve goals
- You are articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- You have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- You have a post-secondary degree
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.