Senior Developer Content Writer
Our developer relations team needs a creative senior developer content writer to manage our growing documentation needs. You will write and edit learning materials, build interactive experiences, and collaborate with our product, design, and engineering teams to make api.slack.com a delightful part of each developer's experience with the Slack platform.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of large technical documentation projects
- Edit, revise, and organize an evolving collection of guides, tutorials, and reference documentation
- You will explore new ways to educate and entertain developers
- Provide valuable feedback on API feature design and developer usability
- Own impact assessment, communication, and scheduling of critical breaking changes
- Build interactive tools and documentation systems developers will love
- Practice other disciplines as part of a cross-functional developer relations team working with customers, developer communities, and partners.
- 5+ years experience in developer relations and/or writing software development documentation for developers
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Experience building apps, integrations, or bots on the Slack platform
- Familiarity reading and writing API specification formats like OpenAPI and JSON Schema.
- Creative writing background
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.