Senior Product Designer – Search, Learning & Intelligence
Slack is looking for a Product Designer to help design the future of Slack’s Search, Learning, and Intelligence team. The team’s mission is to make companies dramatically more productive the more they use Slack. Designers serve a vital role here: from creating the vision for new features to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. The ideal designer for this team should have experience building data-driven products, such as search, newsfeeds, personalized recommendations, assistive tools, etc.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience. This position is based in our new and growing NYC office in NoHo.
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for SLI features
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation and user experience
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile
Experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience partnering with Product Managers and Engineering to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.