Manager, Government Strategy
We’re looking for a Manager, Government Strategy to manage relationships with government accounts and help develop our government program at Slack. You will work within our Sales Organization to cover existing and potential customers within the sector. Additionally, this role will be instrumental in establishing a solid foundation as we scale our readiness to tackle the industry. You are passionate about being part of a high growth company whose platform is transforming the way we all work, making our working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. This is a strategic role where your expertise and existing relationships within the public sector will make a huge impact as we gain momentum in the government vertical.
- Own, manage, and grow commercial business with existing and inbound public sector customers
- Help foster best practices within Federal, State and Local accounts as we drive more mature usage of the Slack platform
- Develop partner relationships and establish strategy for channel GTM
- Help analyze, prepare and present business cases on potential contracting vehicles, reseller options, and certifications as we assess the highest value efforts
- Own and drive progress related to government strategy across a cross functional team of Execs, Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal and Operations
- Blend of technical aptitude and account management/sales/solutions engineering experience in the public sector (SaaS experience strongly preferred)
- Strong understanding of FedRAMP requirements and the ability to help Slack navigate the FedRAMP accreditation process
- Deep awareness of various contracting options for federal procurement cycles including reseller landscape, certifications, legal contracts, and GSA schedule intricacies
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Experience with executive-level presentations
- Bachelor’s degree
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.