Global Workplace Safety Manager
The Global Workplace Safety Manager provides leadership in the area of Workplace safety and business continuity for Slack’s global space operations. This position interacts with all levels of management across all business units. The Global Workplace Safety Manager will provide thoughtful leadership in delivering a holistic, best-in-class Global Safety program aimed at mitigating risk, ensuring continuity of operations and safeguarding the Company’s employees, assets, reputation and brand. We operate with the highest level of professionalism and kindness to ensure that we are amplifying these beliefs when conducting business and building relationships to carry out Slack culture. Our team motto is “Never Late to Need”.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide quick and comprehensive response to critical safety-related incidents against Slack employees or assets, helping ensure we are, “never late to need.”
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain company physical security processes and asset protection measures across all business units to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability in all areas.
- Develop and manage creative and cost-effective global workplace safety programs and solutions to protect company employees, assets, and reputation.
- Draft and implement Global Workplace Safety policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, and best practices, evaluating enterprise-wide effectiveness and adherence to these measures.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and maintenance of Emergency Response Plans, Crisis Response Plans, and Business Continuity Plans.
- Interface and communicate with other business stakeholders, partners and divisions to accomplish cooperative goals, representing Global Security in multidisciplinary initiatives.
- Design and maintain training programs on workplace violence, investigations, and other related topics.
- Manage ongoing analysis of physical security exposures, evaluate program effectiveness, and develop benchmarking standards and metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Global Physical Security function.
- Foster effective communication and coordination with CSO and security team.
- Oversee the management of our global access control system.
- Conduct regular system audits and safety reports on data analytics and trends.
- Directly manage, train and audit Global Security department personnel, contract labor and consultants.
- Perform other physical safety management duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience working in physical security and/or related fields
- Experience with SOX Sec 303 and 402 compliance standards and ISO 27001 standards
- Technical literacy and familiarity with various business systems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with great attention to detail
- Experience with Business Continuity Planning and/or disaster recovery planning
- Experience with access control and GSOC operations
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.