Sr. Manager, IT Business Intelligence & Analytics
As Sr. Manager, IT Business Intelligence and Analytics, you will build and grow a team that implements and supports our enterprise BI capabilities across business functions. You will use your engineering expertise plus your knowledge of the latest technologies to provide data and architecture, vision, design plus deliver a comprehensive BI strategy. You will partner closely with Product Engineering to develop BI best practices and solutions across all analytics within Slack. You will grow and manage a team of Analytics and Data Engineers developing data models across business systems. Your real passion for solving problems and advanced understanding of BI technologies will fuel solutions that drive our business growth. You will make meaningful contributions to the success of BI enterprise architecture and strengthen team credibility within the IT organization.
If reading all this has made you scream to yourself, "YES, this IS my dream job!", please send us your resume so that we explore further.
- Hire, manage and develop Data Engineers while being actively involved with deliverables as a teammate and also as a coach.
- Provide strategic planning and management to teams of analysts who provide business intelligence for specific business segments or for the company at as a whole.
- Establish and adhere to best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation to ensure team is providing exceptional quality work and is continuously gaining everyone's trust.
- Partner with Product Engineering team to align technology decisions, development standards, and overall strategy.
- Partner with business functions to provide value through actionable analytics solutions.
- Implement and practice consistently the highest standards of accuracy as far as calculations and data.
- 6+ years experience as a team manager and coach in the field of BI/Analytics in a truly data-intensive environment.
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing BI solutions including data integration, modeling, and analytics.
- Deep knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and dimensional models - sourcing data from OLTP, SaaS, OLAP application.
- Growth learner with a real passion for BI technologies who is able to share about the latest and greatest developments in the market and to apply them appropriately where needed at Slack.
- Passion to learn the latest BI technologies to support solutions for scale such as cloud warehouse technologies (AWS Redshift), BI platforms like Tableau, Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap) and have some prior exposure to transactional systems like Salesforce, Marketo and Workday.
- Confident and capable presenter of data and information to clients and senior leadership teams.
- Have proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively with non-technical with non-technical parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.