Program Manager, Developer Platform
Slack is seeking a Program Manager to drive technical projects for Slack’s Developer Platform team.
In this role, you will partner with product, engineering, and design teams to drive project execution. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion program management processes and methods across the team. You will work directly with Product Managers and Engineering Managers to drive Platform projects from planning through to delivery and will ensure the work is well understood, is tracked appropriately, and is executed successfully across multiple departments.
As Slack grows, it is critical that we develop repeatable, scalable methods that help the team deliver projects on time and to scope; you’ll help define what that means for the Platform team. You have experience collecting product and business requirements for complex and multi-functional projects, and are curious to deepen your knowledge and learn standard methodologies to drive team-wide improvements. You thrive when running multiple, highly-detailed projects in a dynamic environment, and know how to make in-flight corrections when things don’t go according to plan.
In short, there is someone on Platform that cares the most about successful project execution - and that person is you!
- Identify and drive technical and process improvements across multiple teams and functions, leading the execution of programs and projects
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, launch, and post-launch phases
- Plan and execute high value cross-team and group-wide meetings
- Build and maintain timelines, role & responsibility matrices, project plans and trackers, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information. Rinse and repeat.
- Identify, monitor and lead organizational and project changes via communication standard methodologies
- At least 3 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and fully understand the features and capabilities of the Developer Platform
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with multi-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Some experience querying data and/or creating metric-driven dashboards
- Some experience building tools or applications against a product’s third-party platform APIs
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.