Slack is looking for a rockstar Executive Assistant to work alongside our VP of People. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? Are you collaborative and lovely to work with? Then don’t stop reading! Come work at Slack! We’re nice too.
- Provide strategic administrative and project management support for Slack’s VP of People
- Extensive calendar management and travel planning for internal and external meetings
- Prepare international travel arrangements and itineraries, and meticulously file expenses
- Plan and execute team events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications on behalf of the executive, as appropriate
- Provide long-term planning support and scheduling activities
- Must be extremely adaptable to the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing technology company
- Ability to work flexibly in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a sense of professionalism and collaboration at all times
- 4+ years of recent, full-time administrative/executive support, reporting to one or more executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with executives in a fast-paced environment preferably in technology, media, internet or related companies
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Flexible - in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a positive “can-do” spirit
- Natural ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Quick learner - have a “knack” for tech – able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Independent - you will be able to work under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions
- Team player - able to thrive in a team setting and willingness to help others
- Self-starter - knows when to trust instincts and when to ask for help
- Problem solver - you will be able to actively find a creative solution efficiently and proactively
- Trustworthy - must have impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- Interest and passion in People/Human Resources
- Previous startup experience, preferably in a rapid, high growth environment
- Previous experience using Slack
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.