Business Systems Analyst - Legal
As Business Systems Analyst - Legal, you will use your subject-matter expertise to implement and deliver complex legal systems and offer the highest standards of systems support to our Legal team. You will be collaborating with our legal business users and multi-functional teams on a range of system initiatives. As the designated key person responsible for end-to-end lifecycle for these system initiatives covering: requirements analysis, design, configuration and testing; you will also have the opportunity to offer your recommendations to improve our legal systems plus other related business processes. This is a genuine chance to make a difference.
- Acting as legal process/functional guide, collaborate with business SME on business transformation projects to suggest industry standard methodologies, design scalable and optimized business processes.
- Serve as the domain authority on legal technologies with a deep understanding of the best systems practices related to Contract Lifecycle Management, e-Discovery and legal workflow tools.
- Manage projects end-to-end. Lead all (or portions of) the functional components of legal systems projects: developing requirements, crafting prototypes, testing and training strategies.
- Partner with business unit executives to find opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies, suggest system automation solutions to business problems or opportunities.
- Help maintain and lead cloud integrations plus API architecture for legal systems.
- Partner with existing Business Systems Analysts to review and identify improvements to key processes and determine systems and process improvements. This may include collecting requirements from business stakeholders, documenting design options for how the system may be changed, testing the system to ensure it is working, and handling the implementation of the release to production.
- Work with external vendors and product support teams to address challenges and system issues when they come up.
- Create system documentation such as business requirements documents, functional designs, test scripts, test plans, and training material.
- Deliver a high standard of end-user support, training, and administration of our Legal applications.
- Build strong partnerships with stakeholders, development partners and peers on other multi-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales, Channels, Data Engineering & Analytics.
- Participates in user meetings and assists in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Leading UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance sign-off.
- At least 5+ years handling and supporting a (CLM) Contract Lifecycle Management system.
- 5+ years work history in business analysis and business process improvement, preferably in a hyper-growth environment.
- Bachelor’s degree: Business Administration, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Strong customer orientation and superb communication skills, with ability to communicate and manage both internal and external development resources.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptable with clearly analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous history supporting multiple complex systems implementations.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively translate business requirements into technical and functional specifications.
- Strong written, verbal skills and ability to effectively communicate across multi-functional teams, development resources and vendors.
- Experience with data loaders, integration tools and system administration.
- Experience with database schema design, data cleansing/appending, data exporting.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.