Senior Manager, Events Marketing
Slack is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Events Marketing in Tokyo to run our marketing events strategy across Japan. This will be Slack’s first event marketing hire in region and will report to the department lead in the San Francisco HQ. As the Senior Event Marketing Manager in Tokyo you will be responsible for partnering with the broader marketing team including product marketing, platform marketing, design, and content to extend an integrated event marketing strategy to target priority audiences within Japan. You will also work closely with the Tokyo-based sales team to understand markets priorities and inform customer and prospect facing programs contributing to pipeline and opportunity creation. As the first events manager in Japan, one of Slack’s fastest growing markets, you will be responsible for developing a full funnel event marketing strategy for the region, sourcing and creating a range of in person events including proprietary events and sponsorships, that support growth for both brand awareness and sales.
- Partner with the HQ based marketing team and Tokyo based sales team to create and drive an integrated strategy for event marketing across Japan.
- Extend strategic US field and events programs to the Japanese market.
- Manage all aspects of the event marketing program in Japan including sequencing, budget, vendor management, execution and reporting.
- Think creatively about audiences and goals to design outstanding, targeted in-person experiences that extend the Slack brand.
- Report out program effectiveness against designated metrics and goals.
- 7-10 years of experience in event marketing or field marketing
- Proven track record of building and running scalable event programs including small - medium proprietary events and sponsorships of all sizes.
- Clear understanding of B2B events success metrics and measurement.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.