People Partner - APAC
Slack is looking for a People Partner to join our growing global People Operations team. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive. The People Partner, APAC role will play an integral part in achieving this mission as the subject matter expert & champion of all things HR for the APAC Region.
Our People Partner for APAC is an exciting role, The right person for this role is humble but confident, possesses smart people instincts and is adept at collaborating with others across the globe all with an aim to help us achieve our goal of making employees lives simpler yet productive.
What does this look like?
You'll be a trusted advisor and coach, this role will grow and change as we continue to scale but key focus areas include:
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees on a range of issues, including: career development and performance
- Navigate and support employee relations matters
- Maintain policies, educate and inform around issues of compliance in line with the local employment laws
- Manage APAC employee benefits and perks - owning the enrolment process and coordinating with both internal and external partners (benefits brokers)
- Partner with the HQ-based benefits team on all leave program design and administration
- Support local payroll providers and employees with payroll-related on-boarding and questions
- Conduct annual audit of modern awards and ensure all employment agreements and employment-related contracts are up to date and compliant.
- Previous experience as a HR Business Partner (People Partner) ideally having worked within the tech, SaaS space.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience working within a rapidly growing global organisation
- You are well versed in Australian employment laws & policies and keep a pulse on what’s coming down the line.
- You are a skilled communicator - you proactively and positively communicate with your peers across a matrixed global organization to support, inform, and influence
- Proven track record of identifying problems and using strategic skills to drive appropriate solutions
- You can context switch with ease and don’t shy away from the day-to-day “on the ground” work, or the more strategic work.
- You take a “customer service” focused approach to working with people
- Proven experience leveraging business acumen to inform people strategy
Additional, bonus points:
- Experience working with Workday or Greenhouse
- Japanese speaking
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.