Product Marketing Manager, Lifecycle
Slack is seeking an experienced Lifecycle Product Marketing Manager to drive team activation, expansion, and upgrades. In this role, you’ll partner closely with product and sales to develop and execute on Slack’s lifecycle strategy. Through customer data, research, and analyses, you’ll develop a deep knowledge of how companies and people adopt Slack, and in turn advise on and own programs to improve and accelerate this adoption. A successful candidate will be customer-focused, analytical and excited about the opportunity to help more individuals and companies change the way they work using Slack.
- Be the internal expert on customer lifecycle, advising on how companies, admins, and end-users adopt Slack, as well as how this adoption differs across customer segments.
- Work with product to create the ideal customer lifecycle, focusing on programs that drive new user and company activation, ongoing education, team expansion, retention, and winback.
- Partner with analytics to evaluate the impact of lifecycle programs and monitor the overall health of the funnel
- Partner with sales to develop programs that identify and nurture high potential leads and prospects.
- Own strategy for all out-of-product touch points throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Create programs and lead go-to-market efforts that turn our administrator audience on Slack into our biggest fans.
- 5 + years of experience in Marketing
- 2+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing
- Deep knowledge and understanding of multi-stage customer lifecycles across segments
- Thorough understanding of customer marketing and nurture — experience creating, deploying, and optimizing complex automated marketing campaigns
- Strong storyteller with demonstrable experience creating compelling marketing copy
- Comfort with ambiguity, and proven ability to make informed decisions when the answers aren’t immediately clear
- Extensive experience with experimentation (e.g. A/B tests, multi-variant tests)
- Experience and comfort with data analysis and/or working with analysts to measure marketing impact
- Experience with marketing automation & email marketing platforms
- Experience working cross-functionally with product, sales, analytics and design partners
- BA/BS degree required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.