Product Marketing Manager, Lifecycle
Slack is seeking an experienced Lifecycle Product Marketing Manager to drive team activation, expansion, and upgrades. In this role, you’ll partner closely with product and sales to develop and execute on Slack’s lifecycle strategy. Through customer data, research, and analyses, you’ll develop a deep knowledge of how companies and people adopt Slack, and in turn advise on and own programs to improve and accelerate this adoption. A successful candidate will be customer-focused, analytical and excited about the opportunity to help more individuals and companies change the way they work using Slack.
- Be the internal expert on customer lifecycle, advising on how companies, admins, and end-users adopt Slack, as well as how this adoption differs across customer segments.
- Work with product to create the ideal customer lifecycle, focusing on programs that drive new user and company activation, ongoing education, team expansion, retention, and winback.
- Partner with analytics to evaluate the impact of lifecycle programs and monitor the overall health of the funnel
- Partner with sales to develop programs that identify and nurture high potential leads and prospects.
- Own strategy for all out-of-product touch points throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Create programs and lead go-to-market efforts that turn our administrator audience on Slack into our biggest fans.
- 5 + years of experience in Marketing
- 2+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing
- Deep knowledge and understanding of multi-stage customer lifecycles across segments
- Thorough understanding of customer marketing and nurture — experience creating, deploying, and optimizing complex automated marketing campaigns
- Strong storyteller with demonstrable experience creating compelling marketing copy
- Comfort with ambiguity, and proven ability to make informed decisions when the answers aren’t immediately clear
- Extensive experience with experimentation (e.g. A/B tests, multi-variant tests)
- Experience and comfort with data analysis and/or working with analysts to measure marketing impact
- Experience with marketing automation & email marketing platforms
- Experience working cross-functionally with product, sales, analytics and design partners
- BA/BS degree required
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.