Program Manager, Business Operations
As the Program Manager supporting the Business Operations team at Slack, you will be working across the organization with the teams that are the very fabric of the company; without these teams, Slack would not be able to function! This includes finance, accounting, legal, policy, people and more. This role is responsible for understanding the goals and needs of the team, and building clear and balanced process and documentation to support their projects and initiatives. You will closely work with key business partners to drive programs from scoping through to delivery. You will ensure the work is well understood, is resourced appropriately, and is executed successfully across multiple departments.
- Be responsible for the planning and execution of various programs within business operations; coordinate across a group of cross-functional partners & resources in legal, finance, accounting, people, IT and more.
- Work closely with those cross-functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility programs and projects by identifying requirements & dependencies and building work back schedules to manage to deadlines. Look for connections to other projects and recommend opportunities for optimization and integration points.
- Estimate work efforts, define achievements, track progress and handle resources accordingly.
- Understand and communicate dependencies and status to program partners clearly and effectively.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Confidently lead business partners through change management.
- Balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as programs evolve by developing an effective and scalable intake process for work requests.
- Establish world-class workflows and continuously test and measure improvements with regards to process.
- Establish timelines, RACIs, project plans & trackers, and communication artifacts. Ensure that the team and stakeholders are all operating from the most recent and accurate information. Facilitate retrospectives with cross-functional teams with the aim of continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a program/project manager/producer in a business operations or customer-facing software role.
- Hands-on experience leading an initiative from start to finish. Achieves goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk. Recognizes all learnings from failures as well as successes.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with business partners by understanding their needs and goals as well as what motivates and engages them.
- A general fearlessness regarding the unknown, keen ability to focus and function effectively through ambiguity
- Experience working with program management tools such as Smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Asana, Microsoft Project, Omniplan, etc
- BA/BS is required.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.