Senior Application Engineer, Enterprise Grid
Big companies simply don't work like small companies, and they don't use Slack the same way either. That's why there's Grid. With additional capabilities around scale, administration, security, and compliance Enterprise Grid brings the power of Slack to some of the world’s largest, most complex organizations including global brands like IBM, Condé Nast, Target, and Capital One.
Slack is looking for a Senior Application Engineer to be on the leading edge of scaling Slack to our biggest enterprise customers. If you love the idea of being responsible for taking Slacks reliability and security to the next level and can move quickly without compromising on quality then this is the role for you. Because of the nature of Slack’s product we continuously operate and interact with sensitive customer data, making this position on our Enterprise Grid team an extremely important and dynamic opportunity.
Trust is a key component of the partnerships we have with our largest enterprise clients and as a key member of the Enterprise Grid team, you will be solving the unique needs of enterprise Slack users at scale. Deploying Slack at scale means enabling end-users in large organizations to get work done in small, focused workspaces, while providing their administrators with centralized management of the data, policies, security & compliance capabilities that keep their users data safe and secure.
At Slack, Application Engineers build the server-side of Slack using PHP / Hack, MySQL and Linux by working closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, frontend, mobile, and quality engineers. Some of the areas you will be contributing to include data encryption, SAML, SSO, SCIM provisioning, third party application management, data retention, and APIs to support Slack’s ecosystem of security vendors.
At Slack, we place a strong emphasis on learning and sharing. Even if you haven’t worked on SAML, SSO, SCIM provisioning and enterprise grade software in the past, we will be more than happy to help you learn. All we ask in return is that you come with a willingness to learn.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
- You write understandable, testable, and secure code.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, information retrieval, and security.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 5+ years on mission critical systems where reliability, scale and security is expected.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You collaborate on technical discussions and enjoy helping teams achieve decisions together.
- You not only solve complex problems with a high degree of autonomy and quality, but you help and support others to do the same.
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java etc…
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.