Customer Experience Policy Lead
Building trust with our customers is critical to Slack’s success. The Customer Experience team is looking for an experienced Policy Lead who is passionate about user privacy and maintaining customer confidence through providing excellent service. This is a demanding role that requires exceptional communication and writing skills, as well as in-depth understanding of tech privacy and security issues. New questions and scenarios arise every day, and we need an agile problem solver to evaluate and respond to complex customer inquiries with both precision and care. The Customer Experience Policy Lead also will identify trends and create scalable processes to effectively address issue areas requiring broader policy attention. To succeed in this role, you will be comfortable in a customer-oriented environment that supports both internal teams and customer representatives.
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate and timely manner, composing thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests
- Act as a subject matter expert on Slack's internal policies around privacy, security, and user data for the global Customer Experience team, and as a resource to Customer Experience Agents to help resolve escalated and sensitive customer requests
- Work closely with Policy Managers to develop and organize internal policy resources, acting as an advocate for our customers' safety and trust
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You have professional experience in global Internet policy or in a technology policy role.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You have the ability to work independently and with colleagues across multiple time zones.
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues and know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer successful.
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly and can translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
- You have a mastery of English and are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- You have experience interacting directly with both enterprise and consumer customers.
- You know SQL and can write basic scripts.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.