Manager, Japan BD/Alliances
Manager, Japan BD/ Alliances
We’re looking for an experienced Alliances & Channels Manager to inform and execute a partner strategy that enables Slack to further penetrate into the Japan market. You will recruit, onboard and manage ISV’s, SI’s & resellers and work closely with our Sales organization to establish partners as an extension of our go-to-market. You are passionate about being part of a high growth company whose platform is transforming the way in which we all work, making our working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. A little bit more about you - you treat partners with courtesy and find delight in building successful businesses (for both our partners and Slack).
- Inform and execute Slack partner programs in Japan
- Recruit, onboard and manage ISV’s, SI’s & resellers
- Be the primary point of contact for partners throughout the partner lifecycle
- Work with AE’s and Sales Leadership to implement co-selling campaigns to source net new pipeline and to accelerate/influence existing pipeline.
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional team to inform product and customer success roadmap and prioritization
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
- 6+ years of relevant alliances and channel experience
- 10+ years overall work experience
- Self starter. Equally comfortable taking direction as informing strategy.
- Previous direct sales experience at an Enterprise SaaS company is preferred
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience in enabling sales organizations to co-sell with partners
- Experience working with partner programs in their infancy
- Executive presence working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within, and project managing, cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc..)
- Experience working in region while reporting to leadership in the US
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.