People Operations Manager
We are looking for an expert People Operations Manager to join our growing People team. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable and thrive in a very rapidly changing environment. We are building and iterating many programs and processes and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in doing just that! Does this sound like you? Come work at Slack.
- Proactively work with key partners to propose and drive People initiatives and programs that align with business needs and deliver results.
- Act as the air-traffic controller for company-wide People programs and initiatives (e.g., compensation, reward & equity programs, workforce planning, retention and engagement strategies and organizational change).
- Collaborate and work with others to identify system (people, process and technology) challenges and work alongside them to deliver solutions quickly.
- Work cross functionally to effectively develop plans and drive projects from problem-identification through to deployment, effectively & on-time.
- Collaborate to craft and revamp existing processes to facilitate employee growth and engagement.
- Ensure we scale into new market locations not only in a compliant way, but in a manner consistent with our culture and values.
- Keep partners appropriately engaged and up-to-date on project status and potential issues.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Develop and evolve project management process to enable cross-functional collaboration in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to align our performance with our rewards and reward strategies.
- Solicit feedback and utilize data, to further improve our culture including driving our business forward and work across the organization
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new programs and policies
- Collaborate with other People team members across the globe in a positive and dedicated way
- Minimum of 6+ years of developing and delivering on global programs and projects
- Experience providing HR/People services in a global organization
- Experience building and delivering People programs from the ground up in a rapidly growing global organization
- Experience with change management and implementation methodologies
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Strategic vision— ability to see where the business is headed and develop programs proactively
- Strong project management skills — ability to translate vision into action
- Leadership that inspires and grounds others in a shared purpose
- Strong communication skills — ability to break down complex concepts and clearly explain them internally and externally
- Ability to collaborate remotely and actively communicate across locations
- Proven track record of identifying problems and using strategic skills to drive appropriate solutions
- Proven experience demonstrating business insight to inform people strategy
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including humility and happiness
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Experience with Workday software a plus
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.