Engineering Manager, Web
At Slack, our home on the web really matters to us; our mission is to make our customers’ working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. The Customer Acquisition team works primarily on slack.com and is responsible for driving top of funnel growth. We are an experimental team that uses data to inform the work that we do. The recent redesign of slack.com, our internationalization efforts in four new languages, and the creation of our in-house design systems are all stellar examples of the kinds of challenges we pursue every single day.
This team needs an experienced engineering manager who understands the value of career development and can also build the team through recruiting efforts. You should be well-versed in frontend technologies and able to give advice on code architecture and implementation. You will partner with Product, Marketing, Design, and Engineering, and will be required to make prioritization and allocation decisions while driving and also drive company-wide goals.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Define and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing.
- Play a huge part in internationalization efforts as we scale Slack across the globe.
- Prioritize and allocate project work to your team of engineers.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Represent Slack engineering and management at industry events.
- You have 5+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- You have some experience with marketing technology stacks and/or understand how they work (A/B testing, online campaigns, tracking pixels, analytics & attribution tools).
- You thrive in rapid-paced environments and have experience with high profile product/marketing launches.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other engineering teams at Slack. You can then be accountable for driving project execution.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.