Product Manager, Data
Slack is looking to add an experienced Product Manager to our fast growing data team. In this role, you’ll not only develop our data tools and systems but you’ll also own the planning and execution of our internal data tools and data platform. The ideal person possesses a depth of functional experience in product management and an expertise in analytical frameworks. Coupled with this experience, you have a proven record of success in quickly growing companies and you're ready to be part of a collaborative product team.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello.
- You will drive the strategy and roadmap for data/analytics tools and systems.
- You will define requirements across product, analytics, engineering, and native apps to craft a suite of data tools and projects—including our internal event logging system, data processing engines, experimentation framework, and data visualization and dashboard tools.
- You will uncover the needs of internal customer groups—including Slack's executive team, product teams, and business and operations teams—and couple them with intuitive and actionable data solutions.
- You will emphasize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture. You will have the ability to tell a compelling story with this data because numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams like engineering and analytics to define, build, and maintain products which are essential to growth, engagement, and retention
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, the design of experiments, and confidence intervals
- Familiarity with backend data processing engines like Apache Hive and Apache Spark, interactive SQL query engines like Presto and Impala, and systems for analyzing events in near-real time like Druid and Logstash
- A passion for Slack and the problems we are solving
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.