Associate Application Engineer, Enterprise Grid
Big companies simply don't work like small companies, and they don't use Slack the same way either. That's why there's Grid. With additional capabilities around scale, administration, security, and compliance Enterprise Grid brings the power of Slack to some of the world’s largest, most complex organizations including global brands like IBM, Condé Nast, Target, and Capital One.
Slack is looking for a Associate Application Engineer to come build their career while helping to build Enterprise Grid. At Slack, application engineers build the server-side of Slack using PHP / Hack, MySQL and Linux by working closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, frontend, mobile, and quality engineers. Some of the areas you will be contributing to include data encryption, SAML, SSO, SCIM provisioning, third party application management, data retention, and APIs to support Slack’s ecosystem of security vendors.
At Slack, we place a strong emphasis on learning and sharing. As an Associate Engineer we assume you probably don’t have much experience building software at an enterprise scale, but that’s ok! As long as you have a willingness to learn, we’ll help you quickly become a vital part of the effort to help make the working lives of millions of enterprise employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Read more about how Slack mentors and grows junior engineers here.
- You’re smart, humble, hard-working and collaborative.
- You write understandable, testable, and secure code.
- You have a track record of building interesting projects, whether during internships, during school, or independently.
- You are a strong communicator. You can effectively explain the technical complexities of your work, and ask clarifying questions when necessary.
- You’re an independent worker who takes initiative and thrives at learning by doing -- but you also love collaborating with teammates and you’re not afraid to ask for help when needed. We’re all in this together!
- You have experience with at least one functional or imperative programming language -- e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java etc…
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or bootcamp training, fellowship or equivalent work experience.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.