Marketing Writer, Content
Slack is looking for a clever, experienced marketing writer to help us develop content for growth, sales, product, and event marketing programs. You’ll be an interviewer, storyteller, and marketer with an almost-perfectionist attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a dedication to infusing B2B marketing with a more relatable, creative, and human touch.
- Write short- and longer-form stories for the Slack blog and other editorial outlets.
- Source story subjects and ideas for yourself and other writers on the team.
- When it comes to pitching ideas, you have the ability to be both editorially ambitious and scrappily opportunistic. For example, even if a story would take The New York Times a year to do, you pitch it anyway — alongside another story that you could write in three days.
- Have a self-driven process for reporting and researching content and completing them in a timely manner.
- Speaking of time, manage yours well. (Deadlines are your best friend.)
- Learn, maintain, and develop the voice of Slack in collaboration with the Editorial team.
- Participate in developing a distinct editorial identity for Slack. We’re a young, fast-moving company and learning as we go. This strikes you as an opportunity, not a red flag.
- Be a sharp copy editor for your own writing, as well as for others if need be.
- Find just the right word. And the right emoji.
- 4-6 years experience developing high-quality content in the form of website landing pages, bylined articles, social media writing, sales enablement materials, ebooks, case studies, and the like.
- A portfolio of your work. Send links to the 3 examples you’re most proud of.
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones.
- Experience working cross-functionally, especially across marketing disciplines, sales, design, and engineering
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.