Program Manager, IT
As a Staff Program Manager in Core IT at Slack, you will work to help plan and deliver against our strategy and our overall vision to create exceptional technology experiences for our users. You will be responsible for working with the leadership team to form a clear plan to achieve our goals, driving that plan forward with urgency, and helping improve our overall project management and resource allocation processes. You will need to have a passion for embracing the fast-paced culture of a smaller company while also putting the right guardrails in place to allow the team to deliver.
- Work with team to develop our long-term strategic goals and defining our path to accomplishing them.
- Coordinate across a group of cross-functional partners & resources across the company on our major initiatives.
- Work closely with those cross-functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility programs and projects by identifying requirements and dependencies and building work back schedules to manage to deadlines.
- Look for connections to other projects and recommend opportunities for optimization and integration points.
- Guide the team in the development of processes, bringing to bear frameworks like Scrum/Kanban, that will enable them to better prioritize incoming work, estimate effort, track progress and perform resource planning.
- Understand and communicate dependencies and status to program partners clearly and effectively.
- Dedicatedly work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing priorities. Confidently lead business partners through change management.
- Establish timelines, RACIs, project plans and trackers, and communication artifacts. Ensure that the team and stakeholders are all operating from the most recent and accurate information. Facilitate retrospectives with cross-functional teams with the aim of continuous improvement.
- 6+ years experience as a Program/Project Manager in an IT or software engineering role.
- 4+ years experience working within an Agile environment and implementing common frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
- Hands-on experience leading an initiative from start to finish. A history of achieving goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk. An openness to recognizing all learnings from failures as well as successes.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with business partners by understanding their needs and goals as well as what motivates and engages them.
- A general fearlessness regarding the unknown, keen ability to focus and function effectively through ambiguity.
- Experience working with program management tools such as Smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Asana, Microsoft Project, Omniplan, etc.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.