Sr. Manager, IT Support
As the Senior Manager of IT Support at Slack, you will lead a team of Help Desk and Regional Support Techs across our global offices, as well as being responsible for creating an exceptional technology experience with the tools that we use to support our users. You will deliver a quality customer-focused experience for both live and remote support of our users. The ideal candidate has a vision for the future of customer service, including how technology can improve the experience and reduce friction for our users.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Core IT. You are a high-energy, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape. You enjoy and excel at team building and development, as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams. Technical expertise and a passion for innovation are crucial for this role, but you'll balance that with a solid background in developing a plan to measure the health of IT services and teams to help inform decisions.
- Pursue user-impacting issues with the grit and determination needed to see them through to resolution.
- Build a high performing Support team through mentorship, training, and direct feedback.
- Develop the technology strategy for user support within Slack.
- Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers in all areas of Core IT.
- Develop a framework for technology training for both support technicians and our users.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis regarding progress on projects, performance and potential business risks.
- Establish and manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT leadership position.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support.
- Ability to directly help the team troubleshoot device, network, system, application, and identity issues and knowledge of when to escalate to the IT engineering team.
- Proven ability to excel in a people leadership role.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.