People Partner, Engineering
Slack is looking for an exceptional HR People Partner to join our growing People team and support our Engineering teams. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. We are building many programs and processes from scratch and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in doing just that! Sound like you? Are you lovely to work with? Awesome. Come work at Slack!
You will design and implement people strategies and solutions, informed by data, to meet the current and future needs of your Engineering partners. Once ramped up, you will own dedicated client groups, run various people programs, and execute HR administrative tasks as needed.
- Build new and iterate on existing people initiatives and programs, including performance management, recognition, talent planning, mobility, and more!
- Dedicatedly analyze people data across a variety of sources to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity. Work with partners in Benefits, Total Rewards, L&D, D&I, Recruiting, and more to drive impactful people solutions.
- Coach and guide managers and employees on all things people related, including onboarding, benefits, employee relations & investigations, performance, career development, mobility, compensation, etc..
- Serve as a functional People Partner to the Engineering organization, while collaborating with other People team members across the globe
- Handle general employee relations issues and first tier investigations
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new people programs and policies
- Utilize HRIS system to maintain employee data and produce reports.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR/People experience as a People Partner or Generalist
- BA degree strongly preferred
- Experience working with Engineers and/or technical organizations
- Ability to collaborate and proactively communicate across locations
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
- Proven experience providing business insights to inform people strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and come up with creative solutions
- Previous experience supporting a wide range of employees and leaders
- A knack for program management and operational excellence
- Experience with or interest in people analytics
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Experience using Workday software a plus
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.