Senior Software Engineer, Customer Experience
We consider Customer Experience essential to our success. As a Customer Experience Engineer at Slack, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining a wide range of tools and products that serve the Customer Experience team and Slack’s customers. You will collaborate closely with leadership, project managers, and cross-functional partners to spec, build, test and deploy new features and enhancements. Whether building internal or customer-facing tools and sites, you’ll aim to create a great experience and you’ll approach each project with efficiency, quality, and scalability in mind.
- Develop tools for our industry leading customer experience team.
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production in a timely manner.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including time estimations, development, testing, documentation, and deployment.
- Utilize your strong knowledge of coding conventions to mentor and hold other members of the team accountable.
- Participate and contribute in stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives at the team level and up.
- Proactively identify and propose solutions that create scalable implementations and achieve results.
- Work collaboratively across other engineering organizations to ensure best practices and processes are followed.
- Build strong relationships with all team members and cross-functional partners.
- 3+ years of software development experience with modern web application development frameworks
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about a customer's experience of our product and support, and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You can lead technical discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You possess adept computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- An interest in the latest technologies, research, and trends.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Explaining complex technical concepts to other technical or non-technical team members is no problem for you.
- Exceptional written skills with a knack for technical documentation.
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, empathy, and a desire to continually improve.
- Experience in small startup environments.
- Experience designing web sites or applications.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.