Search Platform Product Manager, SLI
Slack is seeking a product manager to work with our Search Infrastructure and Machine Learning Services teams. In this role, you’ll be responsible for advocating for search and machine learning technologies across the company, identifying common infrastructure and machine learning needs in the company roadmap, and partnering with product and engineering leadership across Slack to enhance core features with search and machine learning functionality. You’ll be responsible for identifying the highest impact work, prioritizing that work, and delivering features and functionality in a reliable way.
You’ve got a history of working on deeply technical products, ideally in the search or machine learning space. You have your ear to the ground and are great at uncovering needs across the organization before they become emergencies. You may have worked on a platform product, infrastructure, or internal tool in the past. You understand how to turn technical capabilities into extensible feature sets and know how to drive adoption of those features across an organization.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, come work at Slack! This position reports directly to the Product Lead for Search, Learning, and Intelligence and can be based in San Francisco or New York.
- Build the product strategy and roadmap for search as a service.
- Partner with colleagues in other product pillars and infrastructure to ensure that search is delivering the highest possible value to the business.
- Define and meet clear SLAs for search products -- know when to invest in reliability and performance and when to build new features.
- Partner with machine learning & data specialists to define useful metrics, models, and services.
- Own features and prototype plans end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Depth of experience working technical products. You can take business requirements and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know how to balance quantitative usage data with deep user insights. You are comfortable with data and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Reliable and consistent. You maintain clear documentation, a prioritized backlog, and communicate accurate dates and milestones.
- Ability to think big and small. You build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision.
- Product taste and craftsmanship. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our search platform.
- Leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
- Degree in Computer Science, Design, Econ, Stats, or other technical / analytical / creative fields.
- Experience building search and machine learning services. You may have worked on an infrastructure team or data services team in the past.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.