Head of Solutions Engineering, EMEA
We are looking for a dedicated Solutions Engineering Manager to join our fast-growing team in our London office. Our team works closely with account executives and high-priority customers to enable Slack as a platform where work happens. As the product experts, we have a deep understanding of the Slack platform, handle tough objections, and lead successful evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will build and run a diverse team of talented solutions engineers based in Dublin and London looking for mentorship and help growing their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader leadership team. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management, and interpersonal skills.
You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will need to communicate effectively across multiple departments and have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Directly support a team of solutions engineers that have fun winning together
- Support ongoing growth and development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring
- Partner with sales leadership and other cross-functional teams to drive ARR on key accounts and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Coach the team towards attaining key performance metrics and goals
- Help define the key value propositions we communicate to customers
- Identify product and technology gaps with customers and present a point of view to Slack’s product and leadership teams
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
What you should have
- 8+ years of technical pre-sales experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- 4+ years of management experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with cross-functional partners
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.