Senior Manager, Customer Success (AMER- East)
The Senior Manager, Customer Success is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader sales organization. This role leads the strategy and execution for our customer success team to ensure the successful adoption, maturity and growth of our customers, across Slack’s customer base in the AMER market. This role focuses primarily on driving success within our Large Enterprise and Enterprise Customer segments. The focus of this role is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of senior customer success managers (CSMs).
You will understand the senior customer success managers’ roles, processes and paths to success and help define this within the broader sales organization. You will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor in their use of Slack, ensuring they realize business value. At a team level, you will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align customer adoption with our product roadmap. You will ensure your team successfully drives forward Slack’s key performance metrics. You will also meet and engage with our customers and establishing relationships with key executives within our customer base. Additionally, you will work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the broader sales and Slack organization to drive success for both customers and Slack.
- Manage Senior Customer Success Managers to ensure they can succeed
- Coach, train and develop a team of customer success managers
- Build a team that wins, has fun and lives the Slack values
- Develop a customer success strategy for the AMER East market
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics
- Monitor and identify adoption, maturity and growth trends for the team and customers to inform customer and business strategy
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion and renewals
- Partner with the Sale organization to engage in pre-sales activities for high value opportunities
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the AMER CSM organization
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and KPIs
- 10+ years of customer success experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- 4+ years of management experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.