Senior Manager, Product & Platform Analytics
Our Strategy & Analytics team works on global, cross-functional projects that are at the heart of what we do at Slack. As the leader of the Product & Platform Analytics team, you will deliver data and insights that drive decision making, execution and investments for our product initiatives. The role will be responsible for both building and leading a high-performing team, and also delivering a crisp data narrative around our customers and product usage. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication, a willingness to roll up your sleeves and a dedication to make the highest impact possible. We are looking for someone that can think on their feet and thrives in a dynamic environment.
We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to present directly to our senior leadership team. Your impact will be felt immediately!
- Set a compelling vision and prioritize work based on business partner objectives and overall goals
- Lead a high-performing, high-throughput team of talented Analysts, while driving professional development goals of the team
- Partner closely with our Product leadership team to influence planning and prioritization
- Synthesize business insights and communicate a data narrative around product usage, tying this into the overall Slack strategy
- Work with the team to manage the end-to-end process: scope projects, build pipelines and datasets, synthesize results, craft automated dashboards/bots, and communicate an informed recommendation. Jump in when needed!
- Partner closely with the Research team, and when appropriate, align roadmaps and collaborate on projects to answer complex questions
- Build partnership and alignment with our data cross-functional partners, including Data Engineering and Business Intelligence, to author and develop core data sets and empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Play an active role in building a best-in-class team, with a responsibility to contribute best practices and serve as a role model
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
- Build a consultative relationship across the product organization
We strive to build a culture that stabilizes our values and have high standards of execution. We require someone who can:
- Be humble, hardworking and collaborative in order to connect with the team and throughout the business
- Remain focused while working across a wide variety of projects
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses
- 8+ years of data analytics work experience and 2+ years of management experience
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree. Graduate degree a plus
- You use Slack and love emojis
- 2+ years of management consulting
- Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, etc.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.