Senior Director of Quality Engineering
Slack is looking for an experienced leader to collaboratively define a vision around quality and build the strategy, team, process, and tools to achieve it. In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a multidisciplinary team to develop critical test infrastructure, enact approaches that bring quality further upstream, and share actionable data that keeps quality top of mind. By influencing and supporting Slack’s diverse community of developers to create amazing product experiences, this team will be instrumental in upholding and advancing one of Slack’s most important values: craftsmanship.
- Lead the charge on defining a quality mindset with your peers in engineering, product management, sales, and customer experience.
- Build and deploy the necessary quality process that enables our teams to exceed our customer’s expectations of Slack’s quality.
- Define our northstar quality metrics and then set goals against them. Work cross-functionally to define a culture of both monitoring these goals and how we effectively move them over time.
- Lead and coach a diverse set of quality engineering managers tasked with automated and manual testing as well as building the internal tools and infrastructure to efficiently execute this testing.
- Build the next generation of quality infrastructure upon which Slack’s next generation of products will be crafted.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have extensive experience building and leading large teams, coaching managers, and developing people.
- You craft a compelling long-term quality vision and set goals to meet it because you have extensive domain experience in quality.
- You have experience leading diverse quality teams and building technology and tools in a rapidly growing company.
- You foster inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator who networks well with your peers to both understand their product and technology requirements while also representing your own.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.