Credit and Collections Supervisor
As the Credit & Collections Supervisor, you will play a key role in Slack’s Order-to-Cash process and be instrumental in building a best-in-class Credit & Collections team. Your primary responsibilities will be to develop efficient and scalable strategies to ensure timely collection and cash receipt application, and to partner with third-party credit rating services to appropriately handle Slack's risk exposure. You will be tasked with building strong relationships with both our customers and internal sales teams to help explain billing issues in an easy to understand manner.
The ideal person is process driven and highly detail-oriented, yet cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better. You excel as a self-starter, but thrive in a team setting and enjoy training your team members. This role will be reporting to the Revenue Operations Manager. As one of the early members of our Denver office, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the success and growth of the company. Sound interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Manage worldwide cash collection activities, including but not limited to: payment application, customer communication on past due balances, bad debt expense calculations and write-offs, cash receipt forecasting, etc.
- Prepare ad-hoc collection reports for management, providing insights into various receivables analytics
- Partner with outside vendors to develop credit assessment policies and procedures
- Develop metrics that will help measure the company’s credit risk and to implement credit check policies
- Perform account reconciliations as part of month-end close activities
- Effectively lead, coach, and develop team members, while maintaining Slack’s strong culture and values
- 5+ years of experience in Credit & Collections, preferably within an international organization
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professional and courteous correspondence with all levels of customer and company personnel
- Understanding of financial statements and credit risk analysis policies and procedures
- Intermediate Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with Workday Financials or NetSuite preferred
- BA/BS degree or related work experience
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.