Senior Product Designer
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to help design the future of Slack. Designers serve a vital role here—from creating the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you'll do
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other designers and partners within your product team
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Interview new for new designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
What you should have
- 8+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.